Friday 28 January 2011

More of the head!


I worked on the head yesterday so it needs some reviewing when i get back to college Monday just to see it's on the right tracks or how it could be improved. (Critism is always great :D) I'm just about to start her body up. I'm going to use real human reference for her body i think and then grab some of my research on armour and start piecing together what would look right on her along with using the blueprints i made a while back for some reference more than building off them. If i built off the blueprints i drew i don't think it would look as realistic as i could get it with a photograph. I'm debating on optimising the head a little too. It's around 1400 polys which isn't 'too' bad for what i'm trying to achieve however it would be nice to lower the polys on the head and there are several loops that could be removed. As you can see her cheek is a little flat, thats going to be sorted using some angled reference. Her eyelid needs fixing aswell and lips need to be worked into but i've left them at that for now. Eyelashes will be added next week and around the ears need some tweaking due to polys being lifted up a little so i just need to add some more information around the ears to tweak the shape. So this is when my character concept will be coming in as i want her to have a simmilar sort of face to the character i concepted. I think it's the eyes and mouth that maybe need a little tweaking. I'll get the head unwrapped hopefully on Monday. It's safe to say there isn't any tri's in my model too so i'm rather proud. So far i'm happy-ish with the model but i'm going to take a little break and work on the rest of the character and then start fixing the cheekbones ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment