Thursday 16 September 2010

What Is Joust?

Well looking around the net for a good few hours with my cup of tea (yay) I have managed to gather some basic research. Mostly just on Jousting. Coming back though I am now looking along the game. There isn't a lot to it really with it being a old game but here is some information i have gathered.

Joust, what is it? - Joust basically a arcade game and to put everything in basic context you just fly around on either a ostrich (if you player 1) or a stork (player 2) whilst wielding a lance and kicking ass. Now the enemy computer simulator is a knight mounted upon giant buzzards . You get different speed levels and the game is pretty much static, you get the platforms and a pit of lava beneath everything. Obviously if your bird decides it's lazy today and you fall in the lava ya dead! So according to my research you can control the flight levels on your characters ect ect.

So reading this it gives me a basic idea, the videos i have watched seem to help out also. Watching people playing the game was rather amusing it seems rather frustrating. So back to my original plan. Create a character, well, update a old school character.

Throughout today I have been constantly battling out in my head. What's the best thing to do? Scrap the birds that they originally had in the game or would that actually effect future for the game if it was ever released if I was working for their company. I mean it could be like instead of having guns in Call of Duty lets just give them bananas. I understand that changing the mounts could be a way of putting more of my imagination through however I think if I did change the birds it might not be a good idea. It'd be great if I could have opinions on this. If I was to keep the birds I would probably change them a little add my own stuff into it. I think this is something that needs to be discussed with people and could probably be a good idea to add into my presentation so that people in my class can give me a little guidance.

Anyway, moving on from that. My two main characters. A good guy, a evil guy, the game gives me the perfect opportunity to do this. Looking at the cover art a swell it lets more ideas flow into my head. So I think I have that bit sorted and can start researching around a little. When looking at images of jousting i liked the black and white going on with the decoration ect but I know this isn't very original but i could easily start from there and manipulate things. I know for a fact I want a colour scheme for both characters before I do any digital pieces. It's my downfall and I need to just stick with colours I put down for myself.

So any suggestions or opinions I would love to have!


No comments:

Post a Comment